Setting up Automatic Reminders
Note: Automatic Reminders can be setup by the original account administrator. This is the user who originally created the account, not other staff members.
1) Click Organization > Appointment Reminders.
2) Set the Organization Name (or your name) that clients are going to hear during the call (or leave default). Set the callback number for clients who want to reschedule (US phone numbers only). This will typically be your business phone number. You can also specify whether to send reminders out the day before a client's appointment or two days before the appointment. This will apply to all reminders.
3) You can now turn on which appointment reminder service you want active. Voice and texts have associated costs based on location, but email reminders are 100% free.
Call Reminder Services
You adjust the time that the call reminder will be sent out the day before the appointment. You can also select whether to send the reminder to the client's Home phone or Mobile phone.
Text Message Reminder Services
You can edit the default text message reminder to read what you would like by editing the message on the left. Select the placeholders below the message to pull in information from the application (e.g., client's first name, organization name).
Email Reminder Services
You can edit the default email reminder to read what you would like by editing the message on the left. Select the placeholders below the message to pull in information from the application (e.g., client's first name, organization name).
- Please note that when a user can't be reached, the service will retry 1 hour later, maximum of 2 retries.
- If you set both voice and text, once a user is reached and an input is received (confirm, cancel, reschedule), all attempts to reach client will stop. This way, a client doesn't get a text or voice call after confirming.
- If you are not satisfied with the current reminder messages you can send in adjustments that you would like us to make for you.
Confirmations On Dashboard
- We show a black checkmark if your client answers 1.
- We show a black check mark if your client answers 2 and appointment status should change to the "Cancelled".
- We show a black check mark if the text message was delivered, but client didn't answer.
- We show an exclamation point if SMS wasn't delivered.
If Your Client Isn't Receiving Reminders Anymore
- If a client responds with "Stop" then the client will no longer receive the text message reminders.
- The client can reactivate the text message reminders by texting "Start" to (205) 533-9259.
Tip! Don't set text and voice reminders to start at the same time. We recommend setting text reminders to start 3 hours later than voice reminders.